These questions are for you to self-assess you current understanding and comfort with statistics, assumptions in statistical inference, and the advantages and limitations of different statistical approaches.
1. What is the difference between a sample (n) and a population (N)?
2. How do you determine how many cases to include in a sample? Why does it matter?
3. What do the sample mean (x̄), median (x̄), variance (σ2) represent?
a) If you wanted to know how long the typical patient stayed in the hospital, which statistic (x̄x̄,2) would you use?
b) When would the mean be a biased estimate?
4. What is a distribution (∼) in statistics?
a) Describe the properties of a normal distribution (N(μ,σ2 ))?
b) Can you name another distribution?
5. What is the difference between a categorical and continuous variable?
6. What is a correlation?
a) What is the range a correlation can take?
7. What is the difference between a Pearson R and Chi Square Analysis?
8. When would you use a T-Test vs an ANOVA?
9. What are the assumptions of an ANOVA?
10. What is a regression [in statistics]?
http://onlinestatbook.com/ (a good online resource for basic statistics)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_data_type (data type basics)