Receive in-depth instruction and hands-on learning for your vineyard in this two-day workshop designed for the grape grower, winemaker, viticulturist and apprentice viticulturist in the heart of Napa Valley at our Oakville Experiment Station.
- Biology of the grapevine flowering and fruiting.
- Site selection and vineyard design
- Irrigation system design and selection.
- Rootstocks for grapevine.
- Dormant pruning of wine grapes
- Trellis types and productivity of wine grapes
- Soil preparation and amendments in wine grape vineyards
- Grapevine cultivars used in commercial production
- Pruning demonstration and practice
- Trellis demonstration and pruning of split - canopy system
Lectures and hands-on learning are provided by a talented group of instructors comprised of UC Faculty and UC Farm Advisors
Please dress appropriately for the vineyard sessions with closed toed shoes, long sleeve shirts and pants. Space is limited. Early enrollment is encouraged