Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two popular continuous improvement methods—Lean and Six Sigma—that empower organizations to achieve operational excellence through proven problem-solving and continuous-improvement techniques.
In this online course designed for individuals responsible for managing or participating significantly in any business process activities, you will gain the skills needed to encourage a culture of service excellence, continuous improvement and empirically-based decision making. Through pre-recorded lectures and live class discussions, you’ll learn a systematic method to improve performance and reduce variation in business operations to achieve productivity and profitability gains. You will also work on and complete a real process improvement project that directly impacts your organization’s bottom line. By the end of this course, you will possess the knowledge and tools needed to lead process improvement projects that increase quality, consistency, speed and financial savings for your organization.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Green Belt Badge, recognized globally as an indicator of master of LSS expertise.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma principles to your daily work
- Develop a project charter
- Apply Lean tools to improve a process
- Execute a project using the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) methodology
- Quantify project benefits
- Address quality and waste issues such as defects, cycle time, over-processing, excess motions/transportation, wait time, variability, etc.
Skills You Will Gain
- Lean Six Sigma implementation
- Process improvement
- System optimization
- Improving customer satisfaction