With a number of courses and two certificate options to choose from, our Accounting Program offers comprehensive training options that will help you excel as an accounting professional.
Program at a Glance
- $880 per course
- Two certificate options
- Eligible for VA Benefits
Who Is This Program For?
- Early career professionals seeking to gain fundamental accounting skills
- Professionals in the field needing coursework to sit for the CPA exam
- People with a business or other related major who have decided to focus on accounting
- Career changers interested in accounting
What You’ll Learn
- Prepare, interpret and present financial statements
- Apply methods to analyze and interpret data
- Use accounting principles to develop, manage and expand business
- Concepts and theories underlying current best practices in accounting
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate accounting and reporting methods, examine audit processes, and develop internal control processes and procedures
- Expand accounting applications to a wide variety of business and financial settings
What You’ll Get
- A top-quality education with job-ready curriculum approved by the UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- An online learning experience that won’t interfere with your day job
- Coursework that counts towards CPA requirements
Free, personalized career resources that help you develop your professional goals, build a career plan, hone communication and interview skills, and more.
Two Certificate Options to Choose From
- Accounting Principles
- Whether you’re new to the practice or are looking to advance your career, our four-course Accounting Principles Certificate Program provides you with the groundwork needed to apply accounting principles confidently and accurately in your business or profession.
•Principles of Financial Accounting
•Intermediate Accounting: Part I
•Intermediate Accounting: Part II
•Principles of Cost Accounting
- Accounting Specialist
- Take your accounting education to an advanced level with our five-course Accounting Specialist Certificate Program. Acquire a thorough understanding of the principles and practices of accounting and financial reporting to excel in your career.
•Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Organizations
•Ethics in Accounting
•Financial Statement Analysis
•Individual Income Taxation
Career-enhancing Outcomes for Accounting Professionals
“If I had to do it again, I’d choose UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. No Question.”
- Terri Taylor, program graduate
About UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education
We are the professional development arm of the University of California, Davis, a tier-one research institution ranked 5th among top public universities in the United States (Wall Street Journal, 2022). For over 60 years, we have focused on workforce development by blending the distinctive academic expertise of UC Davis with practical training designed to immediately improve capability and job performance.