Admission is accepted for fall quarter every year. For admission to the fall 2023 program, the following deadlines apply.
- Priority Deadline: February 15, 2023
- General Deadline: April 15, 2023
- Space Available Deadline: June 1, 2023
UC Davis Graduate Admission Requirements
Students interested in the Master of Advanced Study in Maternal and Child Nutrition must apply through UC Davis Graduate Studies. Below are the eligibility criteria for admissions:
- A minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) from the institution where you have earned or will earn your bachelor's degree.
- By the time of enrollment, you must hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent that is comparable to a degree from the University of California both in distribution of academic subject matter and in scholarship achievement. In general, regional accreditation for U.S. institutions and authorization by a national higher education authority for international institutions are considered acceptable.
- Applicants whose native language or language of instruction is not English must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. See the English Language Requirement for details, including exemption eligibility.
- A nonrefundable application fee is required and must be paid upon submission of your application.
Course Prerequisites for Maternal and Child Nutrition
This program requires a bachelor's degree with prior coursework that includes:
- One year of general chemistry
- Two quarters (one semester) of organic chemistry
- A course in statistics
- One course in general physiology
- Two quarters (one semester) of biochemistry of nutrition
Complete the UC Davis Graduate Studies online application.
You will need to provide:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé
- Statement of purpose
- Personal history and diversity statement
- Name and email address for three contacts who can submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Graduate Studies will provide them with instructions for electronically submitting their letters. Letters must be received by the application deadline.
- Unofficial academic transcripts from all prior college-level institutions you attended or are currently attending (including UC Davis, community college, transfer coursework, study abroad, summer session, etc.). Learn more about submitting your transcripts, including additional requirements for international students. Documents which are uploaded incorrectly will prevent your application from being reviewed.
- English Language test scores (see exemption policy)
- Application fee