The land use and environmental planning landscape is constantly evolving. As a professional in one of these or a related sector, it’s vital to stay current with the latest policy updates, best practices and emerging trends. Whether you’re seeking to deepen your understanding of the field or advance your career, our comprehensive certificate program can help you reach your goal.
Program at a Glance
Who is this Program For?
- Early-to-mid career land use planners
- Environmental planners
- Resource managers
- Public utility professionals
- Public agency staff
- Consultants, engineers & lawyers
“A few months after completing the certificate program I took the AICP exam and passed it on the first try – a goal I don’t think I would have been able to fulfill so quickly without the certificate program.”
—Becky Dalske, LACO Associates
What You'll Learn
Our Land Use and Environmental Planning Certificate Program covers a comprehensive body of knowledge that any professional working in this space should possess.
- Land use, urban planning & zoning
- Environmental law & CEQA
- Community involvement
- Financial aspects of planning
- Resource management/conservation
- Public policy & regulations
Why Choose UC Davis CPE
- UC-quality education
- Flexible learning options
- Class projects and real-world case studies that provide you with a clear understanding of planning challenges and best practices
- Practical skills taught by industry experts
- Industry-recognized program respected by peers and employers
“The program has helped me expand my knowledge in the field of urban and regional environmental planning and provided me the opportunity to coordinate and collaborate with working professionals in different departments of government and on planning projects.”
—John Funderburg, San Joaquin County
About UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education
We are the professional development arm of the University of California, Davis, a tier-one research institution ranked 5th among top public universities in the United States (Wall Street Journal, 2022). For over 60 years, we have focused on workforce development by blending the distinctive academic expertise of UC Davis with practical training that immediately improves capability and job performance.