Offered by the UC Davis Department of Nutrition, in collaboration with UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education
As a targeted program focused on training graduate students for careers in health sciences, we provide learner-centered education and a strong scientific background in nutrition-related topics. We offer an inclusive environment where students from diverse backgrounds feel respected and empowered to develop, evaluate and improve maternal and child health programs that provide culturally sensitive, evidence-based care.
What makes this program different?
- Work While You Study
- This program is designed to meet the needs of working professionals, and most of our students work full-time. With evening courses and web-based resource, this program accommodate busy professional schedules.
- Participate Via Broadcast
- Classroom lectures are broadcast, giving students the option to participate synchronously via remote classroom.
- Learn From Leaders
- Faculty members are internationally known for their groundbreaking research in maternal and child nutrition.
- Say Ahead of the Curve
- Our program satisfies the upcoming requirement for a student planning to become a registered dietitian to first obtain a master's degree.
- Advance Your Career
- Graduates of the program will qualify for positions as pediatric nutrition specialists, maternal nutrition specialists, lactation consultants and lactation specialists within healthcare organizations, as well as administrative positions in public health agencies and local, state and national levels.
Program Mission Statement
The educational mission of the Maternal and Child Nutrition Program is to provide excellent learner-centered education to a diverse body of graduate students, cultivating in them the confidence and passion to improve lives and transform the health of the communities in which they will serve as health care professionals. We will strive to cultivate an inclusive environment where individuals from diverse backgrounds feel respected and empowered to develop and implement culturally sensitive maternal and child health programs that provide the best evidence based care for the diverse populations in the state of California. Learn more about UC Davis’ commitment to diversity.