Education and Skills for the Modern Workforce
Prioritizing training for your organization is a must in today’s rapidly evolving world. Designed to meet the needs of both public and private organizations, UC Davis Corporate Training provides customized professional development designed to help move your team forward. Whether your organization is looking to invest in employee engagement, develop and retain top talent or train employees in new skills, we offer a full range of effective training programs and services to meet your team’s needs.
Who We Are
As the Sacramento region’s workforce development experts for nearly 60 years, we understand the area’s economy, the needs of its employers and how to engage and empower working professionals. Our corporate training programs offer a distinctive blend of UC Davis academic expertise with practical training from industry experts. Developed and backed by UC Davis, our customized training adds credibility, authority and prestige to your organization’s training development efforts.
What We Do
We work with your organization to provide full-service support with a personalized approach, beginning with a basic needs assessment to identify the skills gap for training targeted to your most pressing challenges. From instructional design services and delivery management to mediation, technical assistance and program evaluations, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve partnered with some of the region’s top employers, including:
- HM Clause
- California Department of Insurance
- California Department of Technology
- California Energy Commission
- County of Sacramento
- Paradise Valley Estates
What We Offer
We have a diverse portfolio of training options that can be fully customized and scaled across organizations and teams to meet your specific needs. With flexible delivery, our custom training can be provided in-person at your location or ours or through engaging online learning and hybrid formats. Custom programs can be developed for both public and private organizations in any of our areas of study, including leadership, communication and writing (professional and technical), coaching for growth and performance management, conflict management, DEI as well as more specialized training in the areas of: public health, environmental/sustainability, bio-technology and agriculture. We also offer coaching services, including one-on-one, group or team coaching.
“UC Davis didn’t just try to deliver a generic training but one that was customized to the needs of our audience.”
— Christina Lawson, food service director, Western Placer Unified School District
What is the function of corporate training?
Corporate training is essential to the growth and success of your employees and your organization. Employee training and development enhances your employees’ skills and job performance, prepares them to take on new responsibilities and keeps them aligned with company goals. Custom training also allows organizations to identify and nurture leadership and coaching skills at every level, demonstrating your commitment to your employees’ growth and retention.
What are the advantages of corporate training programs?
There are many advantages to customized corporate training programs, including:
- Engaging and empowering employees
- Improving employee skill sets
- Adding credibility and authority to your organization’s training efforts
- Ensuring team members are aligned on company goals
- Encouraging professional growth
- Increasing productivity and job performance
- Enhancing company morale and motivation
How do I create a custom training program?
Deciding to create a custom training program with UC Davis CPE is the first step to getting started. We start with a conversation to understand your goals, challenges, budget, learning objectives and culture.
- We begin by conducting a basic needs assessment to identify skills gaps and your unique needs.
- Next, we work with you to design a custom program and curriculum reflective of your organization, including industry specific examples and case studies.
- Once a program is agreed upon, our contract training team works with you to secure a contract.
- We have access to a large pool of instructors and coaches, expert practitioners in their respective fields, to ensure your specific training needs are met.
- Our flexible delivery services allow us to provide a training format suitable for your organization, including online learning, in-person (at our classroom or yours) or hybrid.
- Should you need it, we also offer technical services, mediation, facilitation and post-program evaluations.
What other types of custom services does UC Davis CPE offer?
In addition to providing custom training for your organization, we also offer a suite of services that can help your organization advance, including:
- Individual professional coaching
- Team and group coaching
- Conflict mediation, facilitation and consensus building
- Needs assessments for other organizational initiatives
How do you make custom training effective?
Our service-driven team is committed to providing you with effective corporate training that not only meets your needs, but engages and empowers your employees. From our high-level of customer service and personalized program design to a targeted skills-gap analysis and flexible delivery options, we’re here to help you move your organization forward. We are also available for a post-program meeting to review evaluations and discuss next steps.
“The Office of Professional Development (OPD) has been working with UC Davis for over 10 years. This has become a valued partnership in helping us create and deliver high-valued leadership training to our IT community throughout the state. Our programs have received positive feedback regarding the curriculum and how engaging and knowledgeable their instructors are in their courses. Because of our strong partnership and their expanded course selection, we have been able to improve our programs and continue to provide professional, interactive, sustainable training.”
—Office of Professional Development at the California Department of Technology.
Let's Start a Conversation
Our corporate training team is ready to help you create a custom program to meet your needs. Fill out the form below to get started.