Tapping Potential Scholarship
This scholarship will support students who are committed to diversity, have experience and/or understanding of the barriers traditionally faced by people from underrepresented populations and demonstrate a high potential for leadership in promoting understanding of diverse groups in the brewing industry.
Program start date: January 2, 2023
Award Amount: $1,700 (USD) – 3 scholarships available
- Tuition for 5 courses which comprise the Brewing Quality Series
- Textbooks for 5 courses in the online Brewing Quality Series
Scholarship DOES NOT Cover:
- Non-tuition fee items which may be required for the program, such as toolkits or materials
- Optional course supplies or textbooks
Scholarship is non-transferable and monies will not be awarded directly to the applicant. All scholarship monies will remain in-account at CPE.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Applicant, if awarded scholarship, agrees to have name and likeness shared publicly for promotional/marketing opportunities and participate in interviews, videos, etc. as appropriate (we’ll keep this reasonable but we want to ensure UC Davis Tapping Potential program is successful in future years and a “winners’ spotlight blog” or brief sponsor “thank you” video go a long way in making this possible)
Applicant confirms that they fully understand, speak, read and write
- All course materials are in English
- All lectures are in English
- All assessments are in English
- All communication is in English
- Both domestic and international applicants are encouraged to apply.
- In no more than 350 words OR a 3-minute video, please provide a brief bio about yourself and why you are applying for this scholarship.
In no more than 250 words OR a 2-minute video per prompt, using personal
examples and/or anecdotes, please describe, demonstrate and explain the
- Your interest and experience in the field of brewing
- Your commitment to fostering diversity in brewing
- Barriers or setbacks you have faced that have affected your experience in brewing
- Your potential for leadership in the industry (i.e. personal goals/motivations)
- How you will promote understanding of diverse groups in the brewing industry
- In no more than 250 words OR a 2-minute video per prompt, using personal examples and/or anecdotes, please describe, demonstrate and explain the following:
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
Winner will be announced no later than December 16, 2022
- Winner will be contacted via email.
Other terms and conditions:
- If the scholarship recipient fails any course during the program, the scholarship is forfeited and the scholarship recipient is liable for the full tuition fees and costs of subsequent courses.
- The Quality series must be completed within 5 years. If the scholarship recipient fails to complete the certificate within 5 years, the scholarship award is null and void.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.