- Do you offer autism spectrum disorder courses online?
- Yes. All autism spectrum disorder courses are offered completely online.
- What are the prerequisites for the autism spectrum disorder courses?
- You must have a minimum of a high school diploma. If you would like to obtain the professional concentration, you should be currently serving or have the desire to work in an educational capacity with students on the autism spectrum.
- Is there a required sequence of courses for the professional concentration?
- There is a suggested sequence of courses. First complete Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder, then Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies and Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder, and finally Evidence-based Practices for Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Can I enroll in these courses without enrolling in the professional concentration program?
- Yes. You can enroll in autism spectrum disorder courses without enrolling in the professional concentration.
- What kind of academic credit will I earn?
- The autism spectrum disorder courses are academically approved as Professional Level Education. This credit is given in quarter units. One quarter unit equals 10 classroom hours or two-thirds of a semester unit.
If you intend to transfer these credits to another program, please consult with the appropriate institution. UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education has no responsibility for course credit approval at other institutions.
- How many units of credit will I receive when I complete the Autism Spectrum Disorder Professional Concentration?
- Completion of the Autism Spectrum Disorder Professional Concentration requires successful completion of nine units (three courses).
- Can I apply Continuing and Professional Education autism spectrum disorder courses taken prior to 2010 to my Professional Concentration?
- You must make a request in writing to have the course(s) count toward fulfilling requirements for the professional concentration. The request will be reviewed for applicability, and you will be notified of the decision.
Time and Cost
- I work full-time and have a family. How much time can I expect to spend on assignments and homework?
- Assignments will vary according to the instructor. In most cases you will be expected to do short readings or research between sessions. Past participants have found our courses engaging and challenging but manageable when balanced with a full work and/or family life. If you have specific concerns, please contact Miriam Vasquez at email@example.com to discuss options.
- How much can I expect to spend on textbooks?
- Instructors choose a variety of required and recommended textbooks depending on the course. For this program, expect to spend about $200.
- Who is eligible for the UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education Professional Concentration?
- Those who successfully complete the three required courses in the program with at least a "B" average and a "C" or better in each course are eligible to apply. You should be currently serving or have the desire to work in an educational capacity with students on the autism spectrum.
- How can I check my grade at the end of a course?
- After the instructor has submitted grades at the end of the course, Student Services will mail you a grade report. You may also view your grade by logging into cpe.ucdavis.edu.
(800) 752-0881 or (530) 757-8777