Does your community need to update its General Plan? David Early, author of The General Plan in California, will share his insights on the policies and best practices associated with general plan preparation. Learn how to scope and budget a project, hire consulting assistance as necessary and finish the project in an efficient and comprehensive manner. Topics include:
- General plan law and requirements
- Data collection, mapping and land use inventories
- Preparing and evaluating alternatives
- Integration of CEQA
- Public involvement in general planning
- Sustainability in the general plan
Students will receive a copy of the book The General Plan in California published by Solano Press.