Learn about the fundamentals of water resources management from a sustainable perspective and how to incorporate a sustainable water resources approach into various types of urban development and infrastructure at the policy, planning and design levels.
- Methods for assessing long term water use and demand - Water conservation practices
- Sustainable landscape design
- Basics of water quality and waste water treatment in urban areas
- Use of recycled and grey water
- Rain water harvest and innovative approaches to LID-style storm water management
Apply sustainability principles to natural or impacted urban stream and wetland sites, and gain a fundamental understanding of how to implement sustainable water resource practices in varied community design situations.