Scholarship application deadline TBD. More information will be available soon.
- Tuition for 7 courses which comprise the online Master Brewers Certificate Program
- Textbooks for 7 courses in the online Master Brewers Certificate Program
- Optional in-person, 1-week practical boot camp in the UC Davis pilot brewery
Scholarship Does Not Cover
- Non-tuition fee items which may be required for the program, such as toolkits or materials
- Transportation, sustenance and/or room and board associated with attending the in-person, 1-week practical boot camp
- Optional course supplies or textbooks
Scholarship is non-transferable and monies will not be awarded directly to the applicant. All scholarship monies will remain in-account at CPE. If the awardee chooses NOT to participate in the optional bootcamp, any excess funds are null and void.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Applicant, if awarded scholarship, agrees to have name and likeness shared publicly for promotional/marketing opportunities and participate in interviews, videos, etc. as appropriate
- Applicant confirms that they fully understand, speak, read and write English.
- All course materials are in English
- All lectures are in English
- All assessments are in English
- All communication is in English
- Both domestic and international applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Academic Transcripts
To be considered for the scholarship, unofficial transcripts must demonstrate successful completion of the minimum academic prerequisites, which can be found here. If an applicant DOES NOT meet the minimum academic prerequisites, their application WILL NOT be moved forward to the committee review phase for consideration.
- Bio/Interest Prompt
In no more than 250 words, please provide a brief bio about yourself and why you are applying for this scholarship.
In no more than 1000 words and using personal examples and/or anecdotes, please describe, demonstrate and explain the following:
- Your interest in the field of brewing
- Your commitment to diversity
- Your experience and/or understanding of the barriers traditionally faced by people from underrepresented populations
- Your potential for leadership in the industry (i.e. personal goals/motivations)
- How you will promote cross cultural understanding in the brewing industry
Finalist agrees to be interviewed by the scholarship review committee via Zoom for final determination.
Other terms and conditions
- If the scholarship recipient fails any course during the program, the scholarship is forfeited and the scholarship recipient is liable for the full tuition fees and costs of subsequent courses.
- The certificate must be completed within 5 years. If the scholarship recipient fails to complete the certificate within 5 years, the scholarship award is null and void.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.