Become a Certified Paralegal in Just Six Months
UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education’s Paralegal Studies Certificate Program gives you the knowledge, convenience and flexibility to become a highly qualified paralegal. Our UC-quality curriculum is led by engaging instructors who are leaders in their respective legal careers.
What You’ll Learn
This program aligns with the California Business & Professionals Code for paralegal education, is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and is also approved by the UC Davis School of Law, ensuring you have the right skills to succeed in this high-demand field. You’ll learn:
- How to conduct legal research and prepare documentation for trials
- Proven methods for managing clients
- Litigation procedures and basic appellate processes
- Laws pertaining to personal injury, product liability and malpractice
- The ability to analyze and draft contracts as well as litigate them
What You’ll Get
Our program offers:
- Online convenience
- A self-paced format that lets you learn at a pace that fits your schedule
- Access to exceptional instructors with years of legal experience
- Unique networking opportunities with instructors and fellow students
- Practical knowledge and current best practices that can be applied immediately in a legal environment, including experience with both Westlaw and LexisNexis research platforms
- $58,100 is the average salary for paralegals (Glassdoor).
- The number of paralegal and legal assistant jobs is expected to grow by 15% through 2026, which is faster than the national job growth rate (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Top five states for paralegal and legal assistant employment: California, Florida, New York, Texans and Illinois (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Approved by the UC Davis School of Law, the program consists of more than 100 contact hours of paralegal-specific skills, with curriculum structured to build upon and reinforce your learning from previous sessions. Topics in this program include:
- Paralegal Studies Essentials
- Contract Law for Paralegals
- Tort Law for Paralegals
- California Procedures for Paralegals
For additional information about our enrollment policies, please click here.
- Tuition for the entire Paralegal Studies Certificate Program is $6,995. The cost of materials ($800) is not included in the tuition fee.
For information about financing your education, please click here.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Enrollment in the Paralegal Studies Certificate Program is continuous. Start any time, and you’ll have six months to complete the program. To enroll click here.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8895.