Minimum Technical Requirements
Internet Connections: You will need a stable connection to the Internet. A broadband connection is recommended.
Browsers: A current, updated browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Apple Safari. Read the list of officially supported browsers and versions.
Software and Computer Capabilities: The following requirements apply to most online courses:
- Ability to view PDF documents.
- Ability to view Flash-based or HTML5 presentations. HTML5 should work on all Android and iOS devices.
- Speakers or headphones to hear presentation audio.
Email: You will need a current email account to take our online courses.
Basic Computer Skills
To have a successful learning experience, make sure you know how to do the following:
- Computer: You should have experience using a personal computer, knowing how to use a keyboard and mouse, save and open files, navigate the file systems, install software and print documents.
- Internet/Browser Basics: You should know how to open and close browsers, bookmark URLs, input URLs into the location/address bar, print, navigate the web, download files from websites and install software.
- Mobile devices: Download and install a mobile device application from Android or Apple app store. Familiarity and general use of mobile applications. Familiarity with sharing/uploading files using a mobile application.