Technical Requirements for Online Programs
Internet Connection: You will need a stable Internet connection to the Internet, minimum 512kbps. A broadband connection is recommended.
Browser: You will need a current, updated browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Apple Safari. Read the list of officially supported browsers and versions.
Software and Computer Capabilities: The following requirements apply to most online courses:
- Ability to view PDF, Word, or other common document formats.
- Ability to view HTML5 presentations. HTML5 should work on most desktop and mobile operating systems, including Android and iOS.
- Speakers or headphones to hear presentation audio.
Mobile devices: If you’ll be viewing your course on a mobile device, we highly recommend using the Canvas app (available wherever you get mobile apps).
Note: as of 2021, Android apps require version 6.0 or later, and iOS apps require version 13 or later.
Zoom will work with a wide variety of computers, mobile devices, webcams, and audio devices. The Zoom app is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, as well as iOS, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices.
To download the Zoom client for your device, visit: http://zoom.us/download. If you've already downloaded Zoom, it's important that you are using the most up-to-date version. You may allow the feature, "Automatically keep my Zoom up-to-date", or we recommend looking for updates monthly.
You will need the following to participate in a Zoom web meeting:
- An internet connection—wired or wireless (or high speed mobile)
- A microphone and speakers—we recommend a headset, but a built-in microphone and speakers can work if you are in a quiet area
- A webcam—external or built-in
Also, see more specific information about system requirements.
If you don’t have a webcam or a headset, here is our suggested hardware:
- Logitech c920 webcam (around $70)
- Logitech c270 webcam (around $20)
- Logitech h340 headset (around $20)
To test Zoom on your computer or device, visit: https://zoom.us/test.
If you need assistance and/or continue to experience issues, you can contact our CPE Online Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.