From the conceptual drawings through final construction, the ability to analyze and interpret construction plans and identify compliance with laws and regulations is a key foundational skill for construction managers. Designed for estimators, design professionals, project managers and other construction professionals, or those trying to break into the construction industry, you will learn the fundamentals of how to accurately read a set of construction plans. Topics covered in this course include how construction plans are organized under the Uniform Drawing System; how to interpret plans and specifications set forth by the architect/designer; and how to apply this knowledge to the actual construction process, from conceptual drawings through final construction. By the end of this course, you will be able to understand complex project plans and apply this knowledge to the construction process.
- Demonstrate ability to read complex construction plans and design specifications.
- Analyze complex plans, identify specifications and scope of use, and organize construction assembly details.
- Illustrate how construction plans are organized under the Uniform Drawing System with emphasis on showing the 8 Specification Modules set forth by the Construction Specifications Institute.
- Demonstrate building code compliance by accessing information from plans and specifications.
- Integrate select application of plan reading, specifications, and assemblies by various shareholders and agencies
Skills You Will Gain
- Construction Drawing analysis
- Reading prints
- Application of plans and specifications
- Construction compliance codes