If your employees experience problems with lifting, repetitive motion or overexertion, their improper work practices may cause serious and long-term disabilities. In this course, workplace health professionals will learn the fundamentals of ergonomics in industrial and office workplaces. Discuss medical issues, regulatory strategies, engineering solutions and productivity improvements with a focus on problem solving in real-world situations. A review of safe work practices with a focus on basic ergonomics may help your organization. By the end of this course, students will develop ergonomic recognition and identification skills necessary for implementation of an overall injury prevention strategy.
- Learn the fundamentals of ergonomics in the industrial and office workplace
- Understand the role of ergonomics in quality and productivity
- Design a complete and ergonomic workstation system
- Become aware of ergonomic legislation and trends
Skills You Will Gain
- Office ergonomics
- Ergonomics program development
This is a required course for the Workplace Health and Safety Manager Certificate.