A woman stands in front of a group. She is teaching or explaining something to them.

Job Training Funds

Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) and Trade Adjustment Act (TAA)

You may be eligible for federal, state or local job training funds. Contact your local California Employment Development Department office or America’s Job Center to see if you qualify. Many Continuing and Professional Education students are able to complete a certificate program with tuition and textbooks paid by a job training fund related to job displacement, unemployment or retraining.

The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) supports local communities with a variety of workforce development activities and employment services. Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) is a is a federal program that provides benefits and support to workers who have lost their job due to the impact of foreign trade, including increased imports, or a shift in production to outside the United States. Plan ahead as it may take two to three weeks to confirm eligibility for job training funds, and payment or funding must accompany your request to enroll in Continuing and Professional Education courses.

AmeriCorps Education Award

Continuing and Professional Education participates in the AmeriCorps Education Award program that allows volunteers in the various AmeriCorps programs (such as AmeriCorps VISTA and AmeriCorps NCCC) to pay educational expenses with a voucher. Contact Continuing and Professional Education at (800) 752-0881 prior to paying course fees to confirm how your AmeriCorps Education Award can be applied. 

Training Opportunities Through SETA/Sacramento Works

Through a partnership between CPE and the Sacramento Employment and Training Agency (SETA)/Sacramento Works, career training opportunities are available for students in Business, Health Sciences, Technology, Sustainability and other fields that support the evolving needs of the region’s employers.

Eligible students can apply for scholarship funds through the network of 14 Sacramento Works Job Centers managed by SETA.  Visit sacramentoworks.org for Center locations.