Pursue a meaningful career in emergency medical care with our Paramedic Program! Designed and taught by the UC Davis Fire Department, this program provides you the opportunity to learn up-to-date principles and practices of Advanced Life Support (ALS) pre-hospital emergency care. Through intensive training in didactic (classroom and lab), clinical (in-hospital) and field (on an ambulance) settings, you will learn foundational knowledge and job-ready skills that will help launch your career in this high-demand industry.
Application deadline is August 31, 2023, 11:59 pm
Complete the application, pay application fee ($125), and upload copies of the following with the application:
- Cover Letter
Proof of Education
- Unofficial college transcripts, copy of high school diploma, certificates of completion, GED
- Copy of current California EMT Certification
AHA BLS Provider CPR Certification
- Copy of your AHA BLS Provider CPR Certification
Valid Driver’s License or State Issued ID Card
- Copy of driver’s license, State Issued ID Card, or other government issued photo ID
Proof of Health Insurance
Students must maintain private health insurance or workers compensation insurance throughout the entirety of the paramedic program. Students are responsible for all payment of medical care related to exposure/injury/illnesses.
- Copy of medical issuance ID card, or other evidence of medical insurance coverage
Proof of EMT Work Experience
- Provide a letter, on official letter head, from your current or previous employer verifying your work experience. The letter should include the length of time worked for the agency, whether you were full-time, part-time, or volunteer, and the average patient contacts/transports experienced during a normal shift.
- If you completed the UCDFD EMT Work Experience Program you must submit a copy of your completed task book, including all your shift evaluations and verified patient contacts, or obtain a letter from the course instructor validating completion of the program.
For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Written Test: Friday, September 9, 2023
- Skills Test: Saturday, September 16, 2023 (for those who successfully complete the written test)
- Interviews: Week of September 19-22, 2023 (for those who pass the skills test)
- Acceptance: Those accepted into the program will be notified in early October 2023
- Mandatory Orientation: TBD
- Course duration: January 8, 2024 - March 15, 2025