New Program Coming Soon...
Estimators, project managers and engineers within industries that have complex jobs requiring large capital outlays—such as construction, waste management and manufacturing—face constant risk of cost overruns, contract disputes and delays. While measures exist to mitigate these risks, traditional methods of estimating and cost management often cannot keep pace with evolving technologies, changing approaches to contracts and procurement and other external pressures.
Advanced Studies in Estimating and Integrated Cost Management Program solves this problem by equipping professionals with a contemporary set of skills, behaviors and knowledge that will help them evolve to meet emerging challenges and opportunities head-on.
What You’ll Learn
In this intensive, four-course program designed for professionals with experience in estimating, project management and civil or project engineering, students will learn advanced techniques in active estimating, integrated cost management, Lean practices, and the application of new technologies that support integrated project delivery (IPD). By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply a systematic approach to managing cost throughout the life-cycle of a project, product, or service
- Plan and control resources, costs, profitability and risk
- Test preconstruction and integrated cost management processes
- Integrate new technology and innovations in project management and estimating
- Apply behavioral estimating practices that increase predictability
- Apply cost estimating and integrated cost management principles, methodologies, and technology in support of the management process
- Manage the perception of risks and how they are addressed
What You’ll Get
When you enroll in Advanced Studies in Estimating and Integrated Cost Management Program, you’ll receive:
- Access to veteran estimators who combine theory with practical knowledge for a well-rounded academic experience
- Class projects and case studies that provide dynamic, real-world training in emerging technologies and new methods of project delivery
- Unique networking opportunities with instructors, professional associations and fellow students that can help advance your career
- Convenient online format that allows you to take your education wherever you go
- Academic credit through the UC Davis Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering