Transform. Inspire. Achieve.
The UC Davis Executive Leadership Program is a transformational experience that will give you a deeper understanding of your strengths and how to grow your capacity as a leader.
The program consists of 12 interactive sessions that expand your ability to confidently guide your organization. Begin by exploring how to effectively communicate with your team and end the series by examining how to solidify your role as a leader and build positive momentum. Along the way, you will learn to lead more effectively and adapt and thrive in the face of change.
The Executive Leadership Program creates a unique, powerful space for self-reflection and analysis. One-on-one coaching, 360-degree feedback and dynamic peer interaction provide a path for achieving your goals and new approaches for leading with authenticity and impact.
- Related article: Student Spotlight: Nathan Trauernicht
A Fresh Look
With all of the challenges in 2020, we’ve made some changes to make the Executive Leadership Program even more relevant to today’s leaders.
- Content will be delivered via Zoom in shorter sessions spanning 12 weeks instead of eight
- We’ve added new topics of particular importance to today’s executive: inclusive leadership, mindfulness and remote leadership
- Introduction of high-profile speakers and presenters, like UC Davis Chancellor Gary S. May, Sutter Health Chief Medical Officer Dr. Steven Lockhart, and Revolution Foods Founder Kirsten Saenz Tobey, whose case studies are intended to complement a session
- Final project: You’ll examine your current leadership challenges and develop a specific plan that you’ll be able to implement in your organization
The Executive Leadership Program is taught by seasoned instructors and executives from a variety of industries. They will facilitate your journey through the program using case studies, research and their own “in-the-trenches” experience to challenge and expand your thinking.
We invite you to join a select cohort of your peers in this truly impactful opportunity to transform as a leader, inspire your team and achieve new levels of success.
Schedule and Format
The next cohort of the Executive Leadership Program will start on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
We understand your time is valuable, so we've designed the Executive Leadership Program to complement your schedule.
- Classes will take place on Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Each week will include seven hours of content, with every other week offline within smaller groups.
This schedule won’t disrupt your usual work flow or take significant time away from pressing responsibilities. Our format allows you to integrate what you are learning immediately.
We also know that networking is an important and popular aspect of this program. In our remote environment, we’ll include opportunities for networking so you can spend time sharing ideas with your peers, make important contacts and deepen discussions of program topics.
Topics Covered in Fall 2021
- Mindful Leadership
- Inclusive Leadership & Diversity
- Leader as Coach
- Leading Change
- Remote Leadership
- Momentum and Strategy
- Adaptive Leadership
- Leading Innovation
- Values and Leadership