The JOINER LAB (Room 1155, Life Science Building) in the Department of Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior at UC Davis is seeking volunteers 60 years or older for a motor control experiment.
You are NOT eligible for this study if any of the following apply:
- Blindness or corrected vision worse than 20/30
- Have any eye disease or any disease that affects the brain
- Have had eye or eye muscle surgery
- Have a history of eye patching for a lazy eye
- Have limited range of arm movement due to disease or injury
- Inability to sit up for the required period
- Cannot read or write
Some people will conditions like arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, back pain, gout, bursitis, cramping, or people with pain or injuries affecting their arms, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, or hands may not want to participate in this study as it could result in pain or discomfort of those areas.
Volunteers are asked to sit in front of a computer monitor and make short arm movements on a digital tablet below the monitor. Volunteers are paid $15 per hour. Experiments are similar to a video game, non-invasive and generally last 1-2 hours. For more information please email email@example.com or call (530) 752-1562.