Program at a Glance
- 3-6 months
Turn a passion for gaming into a viable esports career. Learn from industry experts how to work and grow within an esports organization. As business opportunities flourish, the industry will create demand for professionals with the right mix of training, passion, and knowledge.
Explore the history of esports. Discuss global issues and current trends. Understand developers, athletes, fans, sponsors, and media. Examine relationships in esports communities and understand how their different roles affect each other. Apply effective communication strategies and presentation tactics to specific esports scenarios. Learn essential components in the building, managing, and closing of esports related events and projects. Discover organizational structure, brand building, and promotion and funding opportunities.
Who Should Enroll
Individuals aspiring to launch or already beginning their career in the business of esports. This program suits game developers, finance professionals, community managers, marketers, and project managers.
What You'll Learn
Our industry expert instructors will help you:
- Speak knowledgeably about the history, community, and business of esports with future employers and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Develop actionable suggestions to encourage growth or improvement in the esports industry.
- Develop effective communications geared towards fans and decision makers within the esports industry.
- Create social media content that entices esports fan interaction.
- Apply project management skills and tools to initiate, plan, execute, and close an esports live event.
According to a market report by Newzoo, global esports revenues have reached $906 million in 2018, a year-on-year growth of +38%.
Earn a Certificate
Apply to become a candidate for the program: A Declaration of Candidacy is required to establish candidacy in this program. Complete the application and pay the application and candidacy fee of $125 (non-refundable). Learn more about the benefits of becoming a candidate. Candidacy is not required to enroll into individual course in a program.
A candidate in the program is awarded a certificate upon the successful completion of four (4) required courses totaling 12 units, each with a letter grade of “C” or better. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in their first course. To receive the Certified Digital Certificate after the completing all the program requirements, students must submit the Request for Certificate to initiate the certificate audit process. Students not pursuing the certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
- Program cost: $2,725
- A one-time, nonrefundable candidacy fee of $125 must be paid before completing this program for individuals who wish to be awarded a digital certificate.
Also of Interest
Course schedules are subject to change. Individual courses may be taken without enrolling in the full certificate.