This is a 1.5 CEU option for an Area 3 Writing Project workshop. Even our youngest students can write, but their needs are very different from older students. You will learn a multitude of strategies to help beginning writers enter the writing community from a kindergarten teacher with 30+ years of experience. Students will enter the literacy community on the very first day of school.
- Starting off the year on the right foot to ensure success
- Building the community of writers so everyone has a place (Els, students with special needs and everyone in between)
- Creating writing lessons to complement any ELA curriculum
- Teaching letters, sounds and high frequency words in a fun and motivating way
- Using data and assessments to set goals and guide Instruction
- Making literature come alive with favorite books to anchor student learning
- Digging into a story to go beyond simply reading aloud
- Focusing on the text types (narrative, informational, opinion) and all genres at the TK/K level
For additional information and to register in the corresponding workshop for which this credit is offered please visit: http://writing.ucdavis.edu/programs-services/area-3-writing-project?