This is a 1.0 CEU credit option for registered participants in the UC Davis History Project’s seminar Argument Literacy in the History Social Science Classroom. Grades 6-12 educators will strengthen their capacity to help students build argument literacy as described in the Common Core State Standards. Topics include:
- Identifying claims and analyzing supporting logic and evidence
- Selecting evidence to marshal support for written explanations and arguments
- Quoting, paraphrasing and citing evidence
- Explaining the past through chronology, cause and effect, comparison and argument
- Synthesizing information from primary and secondary sources
- Facilitating peer collaboration and review to develop and strengthen arguments
For additional information and registration visit: http://historyproject.ucdavis.edu.