In today’s demanding work environments, supervisors and managers are expected to assume a variety of roles. In this interactive half-day course, broaden your management style by expanding your role as team leader, counselor, listener, facilitator and director. Learning to coach your team members not only facilitates communication, but also builds trust and increases performance. Recognize the difference between coaching and mentoring, and when to apply coaching principles. Improve your understanding of coaching best practices, your role as coach and the various contexts of listening. Examine the importance of your work environment on your coaching style and learn behaviors for self-management. By the end of this course, participants will be able to identify their top three skills as a coach and develop their coaching framework.
- Understand the roles and best practices of coaching
- Learn tactics to coach your team to improve trust and efficiency
- Describe the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Examine the specific needs of your own workplace and develop a coaching framework
Skills You Will Gain
- Listening in different contexts
- Coaching framework development