Gain an understanding of how planning decisions impact the economic feasibility of a proposed project for the public agency and developer. Learn how money flows into a governmental agency, what they can or can’t do to increase that flow and how debt fits into the whole equation.
Topics in this course include:
- Fiscal impact analysis and its importance
- Local government revenues
- Public debt and its alternatives
- Fiscal and financial analysis and how they fit into the planning process
- A developer's perspective of how planning decisions affect the bottom line
- The balance between the goals and objectives of public and private-sector participants
Approximately 20 hours of study and full attendance to all course meetings are required. A course assignment will be mailed four weeks before the course begins, which you are required to complete before the first day of class.