This class will provide students the competency to build human capital strategies that support business success. To fully optimize business potential, human resource professionals must engage and work to develop its workforce with the capabilities necessary to carry out the firm’s business strategy. Comfort in evaluating and summarizing the financial impact of human capital is mandatory at senior levels and helps to establish personal and functional creditability.
This course will provide students with the business acumen required to effectively partner with key business leaders to foster a winning business strategy. The class will touch quantitative and qualitative topics, accentuating the synergistic nature between people strategy and financial results.
- Identify key HR metrics to align organizational decision capabilities
- Propose HR initiatives that support business strategy
- Assess financial challenges concerning human capital strategy
- Analyze the quantifiable relationship between the workforce and business value
- Evaluate cost-benefits of human resource and strategic initiatives related to total rewards programs
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of key financial statements as they relate to large human resources initiatives