Continuous changes in today's business environment often require Human Resources professionals to "manage" the workforce issues that accompany these changes. This includes issues such as conflict resolution, helping workers adapt to new technology, inter-departmental struggles, and management-employee communication. This course addresses the key skills needed by the HR professional to be successful in this new role. The course objective is to equip participants with real-world knowledge and abilities that can be applied in these work assignments. Learners will develop an organizational change plan and will be able to measure and evaluate change efforts.
By the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the differences between traditional HR roles and change agent roles.
- Demonstrate basic internal consultancy skills in class exercises.
- Explain the model for organizational problem diagnosis and when to use it.
- Plan the steps of an organization intervention, given the results of a diagnosis.
- Describe the appropriate steps for dealing with resistance from different sources.
- Describe methods to effectively coach managers through organizational change.
- Develop a change management plan for a critical change in their workplace.