Understanding relevant tax and accounting issues is a vital step for successful start-ups and ongoing vineyard operations. This course is tailored to help both the vineyard owner and entrepreneur. Learn the principles of accounting for a vineyard operation from the initial start-up phase through the land clearing, planting, pre-production and production stages. Tax aspects and specific accounting techniques for the expenditures in each phase will be discussed in detail.
- Formulating a business plan
- Choosing the form of doing business, which directly affects permissible farm accounting methods
- Avoiding the problems of passive activity
- Qualifying as a farmer under the tax code
- Farm accounting, including depreciation and inventory cost capitalization rules
- Estate planning
Enrollment is limited. Early enrollment is encouraged.
This course offers 6.5 CPE hours.