One factor that sets high-quality wine apart from its cheaper counterpart is its filtration process. This course will ensure that you have the best filtration system for your wines. Designed for professionals in the wine industry, this intensive program will teach you the basics of wine filtration systems through a combination of in-person and remote lectures, real-time manufacturer demonstration videos and lab exercises.
Your hands-on participation in lab-scale filtrations will give you the opportunity to apply concepts that you will learn in lectures. These concepts include assessing filtration efficiency, diatomaceous earth (DE) filtration, crossflow filtration and clarification prior to filtration. By the end of this course, you will be able to successfully filter wine and tackle any problems that may occur.
- Understand common issues in wine filtration
- Select filtration systems for particular applications
- Explore pre-filtration treatments to enhance filterability
- Practice microbiological detection strategies
Skills You’ll Gain
- Wine filtration
- Pre-filtration systems
- Filtration systems for various applications