- Do you offer Autism Spectrum Disorders courses online?
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder, Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies and Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Best Practice Strategies and Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder are offered online twice per year.
- Is there a required sequence of courses in the Professional Concentration in Autism Spectrum Disorders?
There is a suggested sequence of courses. First complete Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder, then Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies and Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder and Evidence-based Practices for Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Can I enroll in these courses without enrolling in the professional concentration program?
Yes. You can enroll in Autism Spectrum Disorder courses without enrolling in the professional concentration program.
- What kind of academic credit will I earn?
The Autism Spectrum Disorder courses are academically approved as Professional Level Education. This credit is given in quarter units, and one quarter unit equals 10 classroom hours or two-thirds of a semester unit.
If you intend to transfer these credits to another program, please consult with the appropriate institution. UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education has no responsibility for course credit approval at other institutions.
- How many units of credit will I receive when I complete the Professional Concentration in Autism Spectrum Disorders?
Completion of the Professional Concentration in Autism Spectrum Disorders requires successful completion of nine units (three courses).
- Can I apply UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education Autism Spectrum Disorders courses taken prior to 2010 to the Professional Concentration?
You must make a request in writing to have the course(s) count toward fulfilling requirements for the professional concentration. The request will be reviewed for applicability and you will be notified of the decision.
Time, Cost and Registration
- I work full-time and have a family. How much time can I expect to spend on assignments and homework?
- Assignments will vary according to the instructor. In most cases you will be expected to do short readings or research between sessions. Past participants have found our courses engaging and challenging but manageable when balanced with a full work- and/or family-life. If you have specific concerns, please contact us to discuss options.
- How much can I expect to spend on textbooks?
Instructors require a variety of required and recommended textbooks depending on the course. For this program, expect to spend about $200.
- How do I enroll in the professional concentration?
You will need to complete the professional concentration program application and return it to the UC Davis Extension Student Services office with your $45 nonrefundable application fee and any required documentation, as stated on the application. You can submit the application anytime during the program, but it should be submitted before your final quarter.
- When should I officially apply to the Autism Spectrum Disorders Professional Concentration?
An application may be submitted anytime during the program, but it should be received before the final quarter. We recommend applying prior to enrolling in the third course in the program.
- Who is eligible for the Autism Spectrum Disorder Professional Concentration?
- Those who successfully complete the three required courses in the program with at least a "B" average and a "C" or better in each course are eligible to apply. You should also be currently serving or have the desire to work with students on the autism spectrum in an educational capacity.
- How can I check my grade at the end of a course?
- After the instructor has submitted grades at the end of the course, Student Services will mail you a grade report. You may also view your grade by logging into https://extension.ucdavis.edu.