Whether you’re a beer maker, a beer lover or just believe in diversity, inclusion and opportunity, we need your help.
Fifty-one percent of the U.S. is female, but according to a recent survey by the Brewers Association, less than 8% of brewers are women. Similarly, 38% of the country—but less than 11% of brewers—are people of color.
There’s room in brewing for a broader range of people, perspectives and experiences, and by educating a more diverse pool of brewers, UC Davis will help grow that capacity.
UC Davis Tapping Potential Diversity Scholarships
Thank You to Our Industry Partners
- Barebottle Brewing Company
- United Malt Group
- North Coast Brewing Company
- Sudwerk Brewing Co.
- Touchstone Brewing Company
- Sacramento Area Brewers Guild
- El Segundo Brewing Company
- CLS Farms
- GLOW (Global Ladies of Wort)
- Golden State Brew Club
The UC Davis Tapping Potential Fund provides full-ride scholarships to the prestigious online UC Davis Master Brewers Certificate Program. Scholarships are available to students who are committed to diversity, have experience and/or understanding of the barriers traditionally faced by people from underrepresented populations (based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities…) and demonstrate a high potential for leadership in promoting cross-cultural understanding in the brewing industry.
Scholarships underwritten by the UC Davis Tapping Potential Fund are available once a year with the application period usually opening in mid-October. If you are a prospective student and would like to apply for a scholarship, please fill out the form on the right side of this page, and we will notify you when the application period has opened.
Meet Our Advisory Council
- Dr. J Jackson-Beckham (Brewers Association, Equity & Inclusion Partner)
- Dr. Missy Begay (Bow & Arrow Brewing, Co-founder)
- Lester Koga (Barebottle Brewing Company, Co-founder)
- Garrett Oliver (Brooklyn Brewery, Brewmaster)