Prepare Your Managers for the “Next Normal”
Now, more than ever, leadership training and development matters. The tailored leadership training programs developed by UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education give your executives and managers the skills, knowledge and confidence to succeed in today’s challenging, rapidly changing environment.
UC Davis CPE’s Top Leadership Training Topics
Our leadership training programs and courses are constantly updated to reflect the latest research and best practices in the field. Some of our most requested services include:
- Leadership Development Courses
- Popular topics include: Remote Leadership, Conflict Management, Communication, Strategic Thinking, Decision Making, Power and Influence, Coaching, Emotional Intelligence, Personality Assessments (MBTI, DiSC, Gallup Strengths) and more
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Education
- Comprehensive DEI programs and courses, including Cultural Awareness, Implicit Bias, Creating Inclusive Workplaces and more
- Specialized Business Skills
- Frequently-requested courses include: Project Management (earn PMP PDUs), Agile, Accounting, Data Analysis, Finance, Public Relations, Marketing, Lean Six Sigma and more
- Small Group Leadership Coaching for Executives and Managers, Individual Coaching, 360-degree Assessments and more
- Leadership Consultation Services
- Organizational Development Consulting, Team and Organization Assessments, Focus Groups, Communication and Change Campaigns and more
Programs are available online, at our classrooms in Sacramento or on site at your organization.
Leadership Training Tailored to Your Needs
When it comes to training, we know you have a nearly infinite amount of resources, consultants and YouTube videos to choose from.
This is why we’re better:
We’ve been Sacramento’s leadership development experts for more than 60 years. We understand the area's economy, the needs of its employers and how to engage and empower working professionals.
As a result, the leadership training and education programs we develop are:
- Tailored Training – Our leadership development programs are built to fit your unique needs, budget, learning objectives and culture.
- We start with a conversation. Once we understand your goals, challenges and opportunities, we’ll propose a program that reflects your needs (including organization and industry-specific examples and case studies).
- High Quality – We blend the distinctive academic expertise of UC Davis with practical training that immediately improves leadership capacity and team performance.
- Our instructors are working professionals – acknowledged experts in their fields who bring real-world experience into the classroom. Many are also credentialed, published academics. This combination of theory and application creates an engaging, effective learning experience.
- Flexible – Our programs are offered online, in our Sacramento classrooms or at your facilities
- Get the training you need – where you want it, when you want it. Our experience and full online leadership training capabilities give you convenience and flexibility.
- Credible – Your leadership training program is developed and backed by UC Davis, one of the world’s premier public universities.
- UC Davis is the region’s gold standard for higher education, and our leadership skills training is no exception. UC Davis adds credibility, authority and prestige to your training efforts.
- Service-Driven – Our staff and the level of service they provide differentiates us from our competitors.
- From concept through implementation and evaluation, our team is committed to your complete satisfaction. We’re a full-service training partner and can provide as much (or as little) support as you need, including educational needs assessments, instructional design services, facilitation, program evaluation, technical assistance and more.
UC Davis worked hard to understand our department's needs and created a leadership cohort program that incorporated all our department's values. The cohort was impactful - our staff have even created an in-house group to continue discussing the principles that were learned during the cohort!”
—Greiana Williams, California Energy Commission