Become a Leader in the Construction Industry
As the only construction management certificate program in the Sacramento area, our courses are taught by respected industry veterans (and potential employers) who understand the realities of today's building industry. You'll learn the business, managerial and technical skills to become a construction contractor, construction manager or assume a leadership role in the building industry.
What You’ll Learn
Our program features a robust curriculum endorsed by the region’s top industry associations, including BIA, SRBX and the American Society of Professional Estimators. You’ll learn how to:
- Read and apply blueprints and plans from conceptual drawings to final construction
- Prepare winning bids and manage design-and-build projects of any size
- Accurately determine construction methods, labor needs and project time frames
- Implement proven strategies for supervising and monitoring construction activities
- Use cost accounting principles and applications in a construction environment
- Follow rules of bidding and the rights and liabilities of construction contractors and design professionals
What You’ll Get
Our program offers:
- One-on-one interaction with veteran construction managers who can help you succeed in today's building industry
- Class projects and case studies that provide dynamic, real-world training in emerging technologies and new methods of project delivery
- Unique networking opportunities with instructors, professional associations and fellow students that can help advance your career
- Convenient learning options with both online and in-person courses available
- Practical knowledge of a systems-based approach to construction management that can be applied immediately to your job
- Academic credit through the UC Davis Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Save 15% on the cost of the Construction Management Certificate by enrolling in the Fast Track option. Learn more.
- $89,535 is the average income for a construction manager (Glassdoor)
- Construction management jobs are expected to grow by 10% by 2028, which is faster than the national job growth average (Bureau of Labor Management)
- Top five states for construction management employment: California, Texas, Florida, New York and Illinois (Bureau of Labor Management)
This program requires completion of 20 required units of designated course work with a grade of “C” or better. Courses may be taken individually or as part of the Construction Management Certificate Program.
Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up-to-date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate within five years from the day you enroll in the first course. A certificate will not be awarded if the requirements are not completed and your application for candidacy is not received within this timeframe.
For additional information about our enrollment policies, please click here.
- At Your Own Pace: Take individual courses for a total cost of $5,250 (or an average cost of $875 per course).
- A one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $125 must also be paid in order to receive your certificate.
- Fast Track: Pay $4,462.50 in full at the time of enrollment and save over $900 on the cost of the program, including the waiver of the $125 registration fee. Learn more.
- Textbooks and parking are not included in the cost of tuition.
For information about financing your education, please click here.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Register. Fill out a brief certificate registration form and pay the registration fee. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program, lock in program requirements and will be contacted by a program adviser who will work with you to map out your academic path.
- Fast Track. Enroll in our Construction Management Fast Track Certificate Program to save 15% on the cost of the program. We’ll waive your $125 registration fee and a program representative will contact you to discuss your academic path.
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the certificate program if you later decide to complete your certificate.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8895.