Cyber Security Immersion Academy
Seven bank CEOs testifying before Congress in April 2019 listed cybersecurity attack as one of the top two risks to the U.S. banking system and economy. The level of threat from cyber-criminals and even nation-state actors is increasing daily as attacks become more sophisticated and technology proliferation increases their reach. Business and government organizations experience thousands of cybersecurity attacks every day, increasing the already urgent need for knowledgeable cybersecurity professionals.
Gain the Skills You Need to Get into this High-Demand Career
The Cyber Security Immersion Academy curriculum is based on the belief that students learn best by doing, performing authentic work in the context of realistic tasks, with one-on-one mentorship to help guide the way.
- 100% Online Format: Students work through tasks in a private cloud environment, receiving help, advice and feedback from expert mentors at every step.
- Real-World Training: Development of this 100% project-based program was funded in part by the Department of Defense, and the curriculum was designed in conjunction with DoD and industry experts.
- Beyond Technical: Alongside technical skills, the curriculum includes a strong emphasis on analytical thinking, verbal and written communications skills, and developing the confidence and ability to research and solve complex problems.
- Flexible Progress Paths: The program is divided into three courses, so you can make progress at the pace that’s right for you.
Who Should Enroll
- Professionals looking to shift into an information security role
- Anyone who wants to explore if a career in cybersecurity is right for them
Courses in the Program
- Course 1 - Cyber Security: Immediate Immersion (3 weeks): In this first scenario-based simulation training course, you'll learn basic cybersecurity skills and decide if a career in information security is right for you.
- Course 2 - Cyber Security Defense (11 weeks): This course is designed to further students’ experience and impart a strong foundation of defensive information security skills. Upon successful completion, students will be prepared for an entry-level career as a security operations center or digital forensics analyst.
- Course 3 - Cyber Security Attack (15 weeks): The final course in the series focuses on key offensive skills, and starts you on the path to becoming an offensive cyber operations professional. In Upon successful completion, students will have end-to-end experience working in all key areas of information security
For full descriptions of each course, see below.