For any questions not answered here, reach out to us at email@example.com.
About our Program
- Why should I choose the UC Davis Health Professions post-bac?
- Many post-baccalaureate programs begin in the fall and end in the spring. We have designed our academic-enhancing program to start each January and end 12 months later in December. This allows you to take a full year’s worth of coursework, prepare for your admissions test and receive hands-on training during your summer quarter consisting of learning opportunities such as EMT training, interning in public health, or conducting research, which are designed to build your experiences and prepare you for employment during your gap year. We also have the advantage of utilizing the abundant resources that UC Davis and its Health Center provide, and as such, we are able to employ application strategies that lead to successful matriculation into health profession schools.
- Am I able to work while enrolled in this program?
- No. We do not recommend working during our program. Upon acceptance, you will need to sign a contract agreeing to the elimination of all extracurricular activities. If you must work, this will unfortunately impact our admissions decision.
- Can you complete the post-bac program online?
- The 12-month post-bac program is fully in-person. You may be able to complete the single-quarter option online, depending on the quarter and your previous course work. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
- What is the average post-bac GPA of your student upon program completion?
- The average GPA of our students upon completion of the post-bac program is 3.80.
- What is the average MCAT score of for students upon program completion?
- The average MCAT score for students upon completion of the program is 508.
- What quarters is the Quarter-by-Quarter Program offered?
- The quarter-by-quarter post-bac option is available fall, winter and spring quarters.
- What is your COVID-19 vaccine policy?
There are no Covid-related restrictions or vaccination requirements for UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education students at this time. Please stay home if you're sick.Get more information about current guidelines and policies, at the UC Davis Campus Ready website.
- What housing options are available to me?
Choosing the right arrangements for your housing needs is a big decision and important to your success in the program.
Davis is a college town, so there are many apartments or rooms available for rent. Neighboring cities such as Woodland or Dixon, which are only 10-15 minutes from campus, are also good options for renting. For a preview of what might be available, check the websites listed below.
- UC Davis Community Housing Listing
- Uloop UC Davis
- Davis Wiki Rental Housing Guide
- Sabbatical Homes for Rent
- Student Run UC Davis Off-Campus Housing
- UC Davis Off-Campus Housing
- UC Davis Last Minute Housing
- UC Davis Housing/Sublets/Rentals
- UC Davis Apartments & Housing (No Spam)
- Davis Sale or Trade
- Can I apply for this program if I have not completed the prerequisite courses for my intended health profession?
- This is an academic-enhancing program. If you have not completed the majority of your prerequisite courses, then you would want to consider a career-changer post-bac program or community college courses instead.
- How long after program acceptance do I have to submit my deposit?
- Students have 2 weeks to submit their deposit.
- If I have been out of school for more than two years, how should I go about obtaining a science letter of recommendation?
- You may substitute your science letter of recommendation for an additional professional letter.
- I’m unsure about which health profession I want to apply to. Can I still apply for this program?
- We recommend contacting us at email@example.com to chat with a member of our team. We may be able to develop a plan to suit your needs.
Tuition and Loans
- How much does it cost to apply to the program?
- For the 12-month program, the PostbacCAS fee is $139 for your first application and $54 for each additional application after that. We do not charge any additional fees beyond the PostbacCAS fee. Your $300 non-refundable program deposit will be due two weeks from your acceptance date.
There is no application fee required for the single-quarter program; however, the $300 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of application.
- Can I use a Cal Vet College Tuition Fee Waiver?
- At this time, no.
- When applying for a loan, which type should I choose?
- We recommend our students to choose the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan for Undergraduates or the College Ave Career Loan. However, students can choose any loan lender to fund the program. We encourage students to talk with their loan lenders about the program and have them help you select the best option.
- When applying for a loan, what do I choose as my major/specialty?
- Select the option closest to Health Sciences. This selection is simply for information purposes and will not have influence on you receiving a loan.
- When applying for a loan, what school code do I use?
- Use school code 00131375 for UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education.