What You'll Learn
Our Human Resource Management Certificate Program gives you foundational skills to manage the complex responsibilities that are central to a successful organizational culture. With its real-world focus and immediate applicability, this program can help you achieve your goals, whether you're interested in acquiring new HR skills or earning hours toward recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
Understand the value of both strategic and operational HR concepts and the positive impact they can have on an organization’s ability to achieve its goals.
Identify key HR metrics to align organizational decision capabilities
Learn essential strategies, concepts and practices involved in the effective recruitment, selection and on-boarding of talent
Develop and influence others regarding recommendations for improvement and ability to conduct performance discussions
How You'll Benefit
Highly regarded as one of the best HR training programs in the area, our training offers:
Opportunities for networking with instructors and peers via in-person classes (IMPORTANT NOTE: Classes are currently being offered as remote learning opportunities. We are not holding in-person classes at this time)
Opportunities to receive credit for SPHR and PHR re-certification through HRCI
Classes taught by instructors with industry experience from prominent companies
Finish in as few as six months when you enroll in the Fast Track option.
- Median pay for Human Resource Managers is $113,300 per year (2018, Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Candidates with certification or a master’s degree—particularly those with a concentration in human resources management—should have the best job prospects.”
- Jobs in Human Resource Management are expected to grow by 9% (12,300 jobs) by 2026 (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- California has the highest employment for HR managers in the country, and the annual mean wage in California is $142,870. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
This program requires the successful completion of 4 core courses. Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up to date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate with a "C" or better and within five years from the day you enroll in the first course. A certificate will not be awarded if the requirements are not completed and your application for candidacy is not received within this timeframe.
- The cost for the Human Resource Management Certificate is $3,400 ($2,890 with Fast Track option)
- See each course offering for discount opportunities, including discounts for members of SHRM, SEAC, SAHRA and NCHRA.
- Students are expected to pay a one-time, non-refundable certificate application fee of $125.
- Textbooks are not included in the tuition fee.
- Get more information about financing your education.
Ready to enroll in the certificate program?
Fill out a brief certificate registration form and pay the registration fee. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program and lock in program requirements. Once you register, program staff will be available to answer any questions you may have and assist you with your course plan.
Not ready to commit yet?
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the certificate program if you later decide to complete your certificate.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
- Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8895.