Program at a Glance
- Finish in as few as 6 months
- Eligible for VA Benefits
- Included on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL), as approved by Yolo County
Launch Your HR Career
Designed for career changers and early career HR professionals, our Human Resource Management Certificate Program teaches you the foundational skills needed to manage the complex responsibilities that are central to a successful organizational culture. With its real-world focus and immediate applicability, this program can help you achieve your goals.
- Related article: This is the HR certificate for early career professionals
What You'll Learn
Our Human Resource Management Certificate Program gives you foundational skills to manage the complex responsibilities that are central to a successful organizational culture. With its real-world focus and immediate applicability, this program can help you achieve your goals, whether you're interested in acquiring new HR skills or earning hours toward recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
Understand the value of both strategic and operational HR concepts and the positive impact they can have on an organization’s ability to achieve its goals.
Identify key HR metrics to align organizational decision capabilities
Learn essential strategies, concepts and practices involved in the effective recruitment, selection and on-boarding of talent
Develop and influence others regarding recommendations for improvement and ability to conduct performance discussions
How You'll Benefit
Highly regarded as one of the best HR training programs in the area, our training offers:
Opportunities for networking with instructors and peers via live online classes
Opportunities to receive credit for SPHR and PHR re-certification through HRCI
Classes taught by instructors with industry experience from prominent companies
Finish in as few as six months when you enroll in the Fast Track option.
Save 15% on the cost of the Human Resource Management Certificate with our Fast Track option. Learn more.
- Median pay for Human Resource Managers is $116,720 per year (2021, Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Candidates with certification or a master’s degree—particularly those with a concentration in human resources management—should have the best job prospects.”
- Jobs in Human Resource Management are expected to grow by 6% (10,400 jobs) by 2029 (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- California has the highest employment for HR managers in the country, and the annual mean wage in California is $145,710 (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
This program requires the successful completion of 4 core courses. Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up to date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate with a "C" or better and within five years from the day you enroll in the first course. A certificate will not be awarded if the requirements are not completed and your application for candidacy is not received within this timeframe.
- The cost for the Human Resource Management Certificate is $3,400 ($2,890 with Fast Track option)
- See each course offering for discount opportunities, including discounts for members of SHRM, SEAC, SAHRA and NCHRA.
- Students are expected to pay a one-time, non-refundable certificate registration fee of $125.
- Textbooks are not included in the tuition fee.
- Get more information about financing your education.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and lifestyle:
- Register. Fill out a brief certificate registration form and pay the registration fee. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program and lock in program requirements. Once you register, program staff will be available to answer any questions you may have and assist you with your course plan.
- Fast Track. Enroll in our 6-month Human Resource Management Fast Track Certificate Program and we’ll waive your $125 registration fee and a program advisor will be made available to you to help you map out your academic path.
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the certificate program if you later decide to complete your certificate.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help. Contact our Enrollment Coach, Katie Orton, if you would like to schedule an appointment. She can speak with you about our program, answer your questions and help ensure it’s the right fit for your goals. Schedule your conversation with Katie.
You can also email us or call (530) 757-8777.