Thanks for enrolling in the UC Davis Open Campus program. The following information, particularly the UC Davis COVID-19 Policies, outlines required actions you need to take to participate in the program:
Payment, Registration and Enrollment Information
- PAYMENT IS DUE UPON RECEIPT OF THIS ENROLLMENT CONFIRMATION – YOU WILL BE DROPPED FROM YOUR CLASS IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE.
- Your course enrollment will appear as a series of numbers (e.g. 212CNT###) with a UC Davis course title that corresponds with the course CRN on your Open Campus enrollment form.
- As an Open Campus student you are assigned a UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) student ID (X#####). All Open Campus courses you take (Fall, Winter, and Spring) will be recorded using this student ID. You are also assigned a CPE username. This is required to access your grades at the end of the quarter and purchase an official transcript (available at https://cpe.ucdavis.edu).
UC Davis Computing Account
If you don’t already have one, you must create a UC Davis campus computing account. This account is required for using the UC Davis Health-e-Messaging System (see COVID-19 Policies below) accessing your course materials through the CANVAS platform. If you fail to create a campus computing account within 48 hours you will be dropped from your class.
Using the instructions below, create your account 24 hours after receiving this notification. If, after waiting 24 hours, you have followed the instructions and are still having difficulty, please contact IT Express 530-754-4357(HELP) or visit https://iet.ucdavis.edu/support for assistance.
How to Create a UC Davis Computing Account
- 24 hours after receiving this notification, you should be able to create your account. PLEASE DO THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE — this account is required for complying with UC Davis COVID-19 Policies (see below).
- Select “Get your UC Davis computing account.”
- Provide the information written on your Open Campus enrollment form. Use your SSN when providing a “Student/Employee ID #.” If your SSN was not listed on your Open Campus enrollment form, use your UC Davis, CPE student ID (X#####).
Once this process is complete, you will be assigned an @ucdavis.edu email address. Your enrollment will appear in CANVAS 3-4 business days after your computing account has been created.
Once your computing account is active (or if you have an existing UC Davis computing account), log into your UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education account and add your @ucdavis.edu email address as either your primary or secondary email address. Check this email address regularly (or forward to your main email address) for critical communications about your Open Campus class.
Already Have a UC Davis Computing Account?
If you have an active UC Davis computing account, your Open Campus enrollment will appear in CANVAS within 3-5 business days following enrollment. Log into CANVAS using your UC Davis computing account to ensure proper Class Roster migration.
If you had a UC Davis computing account but it is no longer active, contact IT Express to have it reactivated by phone at 530-754-4357 (HELP) or online.
UC Davis COVID-19 Policies and Process for Compliance
Per the University of California COVID-19 Vaccination Program Policy, you are required to provide proof of vaccination or secure an approved exception. Vaccine compliance is managed through the UC Davis Health-e-Messaging System, which uses your @ucdavis.edu email address.
- 48 hours after your enrollment is processed, your Health-e-Messaging account will be created.
- Access the Health-e-Messaging system at this time to upload your proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
- Important note: If you fail to comply with vaccine policies, you will be dropped from your Open Campus class.
- For a full list of UC Davis COVID-19 Policies, visit the UC Davis Campus Ready website.
We know this is a lot of information and procedures to follow. If you have questions or need help, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to assist you.